Medex is a NAF, sustainable, moisture resistant, medium density fiberboard panel utilizing a formaldehyde-free adhesive system and 100% post-industrial recycled wood fiber. Medex is engineered for interior high moisture areas in non-structural applications in place of sanded plywood and solid wood. Medex gives you the versatility of a superior composite panel with the strength and emissions of lumber and other grain wood products.
- No added formaldehyde resin system
- Especially suitable in interior applications where moisture is a concern, Medex does succeed in the 6 cycle accelerated aging test
- Superior physical properties to standard MDF. Truly high performance screwholding and MOR capabilities, among others
- Pre-consumer recycled wood content
- FSC Certified - available upon request
- Potential LEED 2009 credit support: MRc4, 5, 7 & IEQc4.4
- Potential LEED v4 credit support: Materials & Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality
- Meets EPA Formaldehyde Emission Regulation, TSCA Title VI & CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission limits
- No Added Formaldehyde (NAF) Exempt - State of California Executive Order N-18-313Third party certification - SCS, ECCCHPS Compliant - California section 01350 approved
Limitations: Medex is not suitable for structural applications, exterior siding or exterior trim
Thickness: 1/4" through 1-1/4"
Lengths: 8' through 18'
Widths: 4' and 5'